I will be attending this meeting instead of the regular FWB Tea Party meeting on Feb 9th. If anyone has any comments or input they would like me to make in the public comments section, please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Okaloosa County Board of Commissioners
Charter Government Workshop
Tuesday, February 9, 2010 – 6 p.m.
Water & Sewer Building
Fort Walton Beach
Topics for Discussion
1. Presentation by Ginger Delegal, General Counsel, Florida Association of Counties, and Greg Stewart, attorney with Nabors, Giblin & Nickerson, covering the following topics:
• What is a charter county?
• What are the differences between charter and non-charter counties?
• What can be included in a charter?
• Steps to becoming a charter county
• Steps to changing a county’s charter
3. Public Comment
4. Board Direction
Okaloosa County adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable modifications for access to this meeting upon request. Please call the County Administrator’s Office at (850) 651-7515 to make a request. For Hearing Impaired, Dial 1-800-955-8771 (TDD), and 1-800-955-8770 (Voice). Requests must be received at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting in order for Okaloosa County to provide the requested service.